PRIVACY NOTICE AND COOKIE NOTICE
This Privacy Notice and Cookie Notice may be updated from time to time. Please check back frequently as these terms may change and affect how Revature collects, stores, and processes your Personal Information.
Personal Information We Collect
General. We generally collect the Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us. We will collect, store, and use Personal Information about you, such as your name, contact information, job application, resume, and other information that you provide when you register or complete forms on our Website and otherwise when you communicate with Revature. In addition, we may collect Personal Information about you, such as educational, professional, and/or employment information, from social media platforms in accordance with your preferences on those platforms and from our referral partners, such as non-profit and professional organizations that may have referred you to Revature. More specific information about the Personal Information we collect and how it is used is contained below in the section titled “Use and Disclosure of Personal Information”
Information Collected Automatically. In addition, information about your computer hardware and software is automatically collected by Revature when you use the Website. This information may include: your IP address, device’s unique identifier, browser type, domain names, access times, referring website addresses and other technical information such as protocol status and substatus, bytes sent and received, and server information. We may also collect information about how you interact with the Website. This information is used by us for our business purposes, including for the operation and improvement of the Website, for technical troubleshooting, to maintain quality of the Website and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Website.
Cookies and Other Information Collection Tools
What are cookies? A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website or use an online service. When you visit the website or use the service again, the cookie allows that website or online service to recognize your browser or device. Cookies may store unique identifiers, user preferences and other information.
Duration of Cookies. We may use “session cookies” or “persistent cookies.” Session cookies are temporary and expire once you close your browser or once your session ends. Persistent cookies remain on your device for much longer or until you or your browser erase them. Persistent cookies have varying durations that are dependent on their expiration date.
What types of cookies do we use? Revature uses:
- Necessary Cookies. These cookies are necessary for you to browse the Website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the Website. Without these cookies, certain aspects of the Website may not be available to you.
- Preferences Cookies. These cookies collect information about how you have used the Website in the past and allow the Website to remember the choices you have made. These cookies allow us to improve how the Website works for you and tailor the Website to your preferences.
- Analytics Cookies. These cookies collect information about how you use the Website, such as which pages you most often visit on the Website, the time you spend on the Website, which links you click on, and any issues encountered. These cookies help us understand how visitors interact with the Website. All information collected is aggregated and do not identify you.
For further details, please see the ‘about Hotjar’ section of Hotjar’s support site.
How do I control cookies? Web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to manage and delete cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Some web browsers provide settings that allow a user to reject cookies or to alert a user when a cookie is placed on the user’s computer, tablet or mobile device. Most mobile devices also offer settings to reject mobile device identifiers. Although users are not required to accept cookies or mobile device identifiers, blocking or rejecting them may prevent access to some features available through the Website.
Why We Collect Personal Information
We may use the Personal Information, including sensitive Personal Information, we collect for a range of standard employment-related and business purposes, including:
- Operating and Improving the Website. Revature continuously makes improvements to the Website, as well as uses information collected through the Website, such as cookies, to assess the Website’s functionality and need for such improvements or adjustments.
- Workforce Planning and Recruitment. For example, for business forecasting, employee assignment planning and budgeting, job advertising, interviewing, conducting background and criminal history checks, performing drug testing, considering individuals for employment opportunities, and selecting and hiring and terminating staff.
- General Human Resources Management and Administration. For example, for evaluating an applicant’s qualifications and suitability for employment, career development, performance management, compensation and benefits management and benchmarking, administering payroll, reimbursing expenses, managing stock options, obtaining employee satisfaction feedback, managing absences, general headcount reporting, disaster recovery and emergency response planning, equal opportunities monitoring, training employees, and carrying out disciplinary or grievance procedures.
- Communicate with You. For example, to respond to your inquiries.
- Job Opportunities. For Example, to provide you with information about job opportunities that we think may be of interest to you.
- Performance of Our Business Operations. For example, to carry out day-to-day business activities, to allow us to work together and collaborate, to provide our services, to ensure business continuity, to enforce our rights and protect our operations and those of our affiliates, and to pursue available remedies and limit damages we may sustain.
- Security Management. For example, to ensure the security of our premises, assets, information, employees, and other personnel.
- Legal Purposes and Regulatory Compliance. For example, to prepare and maintain legally required records, such as I-9 forms, EEO-1 forms and affirmative action plans; to respond to law enforcement requests; as required by applicable law or regulation, court order, binding order of a data protection agency or governmental regulations; to ensure compliance with health & safety requirements and other legal or fiscal obligations; to enforce our rights, protect our property or protect the rights, property or safety of others; or in connection with litigation or an internal investigation or audit and to ensure compliance with our policies regarding anti-money laundering, bribery and corruption.
- As described to you when collecting your Personal Information or in any other notice provided to you by Revature.
- Business Transactions. For example, to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about you is among the assets transferred.
- Avert a Serious Health or Safety Threat. For example, we may collect, use, and disclose your health information when necessary to prevent a serious threat to your health and safety or the health and safety of another person or the public. This may require disclosure of information to help prevent the spread of a communicable disease, including disclosure to individuals with whom you have been in close contact, public health agencies, and law enforcement.
Who We Disclose Personal Information To
Revature does not monetize your Personal Information, including sensitive Personal Information. Revature requires third parties with whom we share Personal Information to respect the security of Personal Information and to treat it in accordance with the law. We may disclose Personal Information with the following categories of parties in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers. We share Personal Information with our service providers to enable them to perform the functions for which we engage them, such as to host the Website or assist us in providing functionality on the Website, provide analytics on the Website and digital advertising services, assist in administering benefits and leaves of absence, to conduct any necessary background checks, to manage employee timekeeping and for payroll purposes.
- Clients. Clients may seek to engage you, through Revature, to provide certain information technology services, and Personal Information may be provided to them as a result.
- Business Transactions. Personal Information may be used to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about you is among the assets transferred.
- Legal and Regulatory Compliance. We may use Personal Information to respond to law enforcement requests; as required by applicable law or regulation, court order, binding order of a data protection agency or governmental regulations; to ensure compliance with health & safety requirements and other legal or fiscal obligations; to enforce our rights, protect our property or protect the rights, property or safety of others; or in connection with litigation or an internal investigation or audit and to ensure compliance with our policies regarding anti-money laundering, bribery and corruption.
- Health and Safety. Personal Information may be used to avert a serious health and safety threat. For example, we may collect, use, and disclose your health information when necessary to prevent a serious threat to your health and safety or the health and safety of another person or the public. This may require disclosure of information to help prevent the spread of a communicable disease, including disclosure to individuals with whom you have been in close contact, public health agencies, and law enforcement. Additionally, if you are employed by Revature, we may ask you to provide your vaccination status, which may be required by, and consequently shared with, Revature clients interested in working with you.
- Corporate Affiliates. Revature is a multinational organization, with legal entities, business processes, management structures, and technical systems that cross borders. Revature may share your Personal Information within its corporate organization and may transfer the information to countries where it conducts business. Some countries may provide less legal protection for Personal Information. In such countries, Revature will still handle customer Personal Information in the manner describe herein.
- Referral Partners. If you were referred to Revature by a third-party partner of Revature’s, such as a university, non-profit organization, or an organization of which you are a member, we may share your Personal Information with the referring organization to apprise them of your employment status or other developments in your relationship with Revature.
Specific examples of what information is shared with these categories of entities is included in the Use and Disclosure of Personal Information Section, below. Revature does not share your Personal Information with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
Emails and Text Messages
You may opt out of receiving marketing e-mails and text messages from us by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in any such messages. Please note that if you opt out of receiving promotional messages from us, this does not impact other transactional and administrative messages which you will continue to receive (such as emails relating to billing and payment information or changes to this Privacy Notice). If you have registered for an account with us, you may delete the account at any time by contacting us at the contact information provided in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
How Long Personal Information Is Kept
We will only retain your Personal Information, including sensitive Personal Information, for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, we consider:
- The amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information
- The potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information
- The purposes for which we process your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means
- The applicable legal requirements
In some circumstances, we may anonymize your Personal Information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use that information without further notice to you.
How We Secure Personal Information
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your Personal Information, including sensitive Personal Information, from being accidentally lost, used, accessed in an unauthorized way, altered, or disclosed. Additionally, we limit access to your Personal Information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your Personal Information on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. Our IT systems are protected against unauthorized access with various level of controlled and password-protected access rights.
Links to External Websites
The Website may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such third-party websites is not governed by this Privacy Notice, but is instead governed by the privacy policies of those third-party websites, and we are not responsible for the information practices of such third-party websites.
Do Not Track
The Website does not currently take any action when it receives a Do Not Track request. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected across websites when you have not interacted with that service on the page. For details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain Personal Information from any person under the age of 13. No parts of the Website are directed to or designed to attract anyone under the age of 13.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
In the preceding 12 months, we collected, disclosed for a business purpose, sold or shared the following categories of Personal Information, which are explained in more detail below this chart:
Parties Necessary to Maintain Legal and Regulatory Compliance, Third-Party Analytics and Advertising Service Providers, and Corporate Affiliates.
In the preceding 12 months, we may also have collected and disclosed the following categories of sensitive Personal Information about prospective, current, and former employees solely for the business purposes described in this Notice: (1) Personal Information that reveals driver’s license number; (2) Personal Information that reveals in racial or ethnic origin; (3) Personal Information collected and analyzed concerning a California resident’s health; and (4) Personal Information collected and analyzed concerning a California resident’s sex life or sexual orientation. This information is shared for business purposes with Service Providers, Clients, Parties to Business Transactions, Parties Necessary to Maintain Legal and Regulatory Compliance, Corporate Affiliates, Parties Necessary to Maintain Health and Safety, and Referral Partners.
Revature does not use or disclose sensitive Personal Information for any purpose other than those permitted under state and federal laws, including the California Consume Privacy Act as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CCPA”), and does not sell or share (as such terms are defined by the CCPA) such sensitive Personal Information.
We have collected the above Personal Information, including sensitive Personal Information, either directly from you, from social media platforms in accordance with your preferences on those platforms, affiliates and other related parties, Clients with whom you are placed, service providers/contractors who collect information about you in connection with you application for employment or to provide and/or our referral partners, such as non-profit and professional organizations that may have referred you to Revature.
You have the following rights under this Policy and in compliance with state and federal laws, including the CCPA:
Right to Know. You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of certain Personal Information, including sensitive Personal Information, about you as described below:
- The specific pieces of Personal Information collected;
- The categories of Personal Information collected;
- The categories of sources from whom the Personal Information is collected;
- The purpose for collecting, selling or sharing the Personal Information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we have disclosed the Personal Information;
- The categories of Personal Information that we have sold or shared, and the categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was sold or shared, by category or categories of Personal Information for each third party to whom the Personal Information was sold or shared;
- The categories of Personal Information that we disclosed for a business purpose and the categories of persons to whom it was disclosed for a business purpose.
Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information, subject to certain exceptions.
Right to Correct Inaccurate Personal Information. You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate Personal Information we maintain about you, taking into account the nature of the Personal Information and the purposes of the processing of the Personal Information.
Right to Opt-Out of Sale or Sharing. We do not sell your Personal Information for monetary or other valuable consideration. We do not have actual knowledge that we sell the Personal Information of consumers under the age of 16.
Right to Limit the Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information for Certain Purposes. As stated above, we do not use or disclose your sensitive Personal Information for any purpose other than those permitted under applicable state and federal laws, including the CCPA.
Freedom from Discrimination. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising your rights above, including not to be retaliated against for exercising such rights.
To exercise the rights above, you must submit a verifiable request to us by calling us at (703) 372-0311 or submitting a request online at https://int.revature.com/resources/dser/request.html. To submit a verifiable request, you may verify your identity through the normal account authentication process, meaning you will need to sign on with your username and password. If you do not have an account with us, you will be asked to provide certain information to help us verify your identity. The information we ask you to provide to initiate a request may differ depending upon the type of request, the type, sensitivity and value of the Personal Information that is the subject of the request, and the risk of harm to you that may occur as a result of unauthorized access or deletion, among other factors.
You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf by providing the agent with signed written permission to do so.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to update this Privacy Notice at any time. We regularly review and, if appropriate, update this Privacy Notice as our services and use of Personal Information evolves. If we want to make use of your Personal Information in a way that we have not previously identified, we may contact you to provide information about this and, if necessary, to ask for your consent.
We will update the version number and date of this document each time it is changed.
How to Contact Us
You can contact our Data Protection Officer any time if you have any questions about our Privacy Notice or the information, we hold about you. Please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can write to our Data Protection Officer at:
Attention: Compliance Department
11730 Plaza America Dr.
Reston, VA 20190
For requests to access, modify, or erase your Personal Information, please visit our request form.